06/17/2023 - 06/18/2023
A central horn will be used to start and stop games. Teams are urged to be ready to play at the start of the horn.
Games will be played with (2) 20 minute halves.
All teams will play a minimum of four games with a running clock and half time. There is no overtime in pool play or consolation play. In events where we have playoffs (where a team may advance), overtime consists of a 3 v 3 game, rules listed below. Based on weather or daylight restrictions, games may be shortened based on the event director’s judgment.
No time outs permitted in either pool play or tournament play.
FREE MOVEMENT FOR ALL AGES! All Top Threat Tournaments follow US Lacrosse “Official Rules for girls’ with modifications based on “US Lacrosse Youth Rules and Best Practices: and US Lacrosse Tournament Standards and the following modifications:
High School divisions play USLacrosse rules.
Middle School divisions are full checking (US Lacrosse Level FC)
-No four goal differential (mercy) rule in effect.
Due to the running clock, A GAME/HALF MAY NOT END ON A DEFENSIVE PENALTY. In the event of a defensive penalty within the CSA resulting in an expired clock, play will resume on the official’s whistle. Trail Official will count :03 Seconds of play from point of Free Position at the whistle. During the :03 seconds, regular game rules exist, including the potential for another defensive foul, pass, a shot or a goal.
Based on the round robin play results, there may be a tie in points earned. In order to break a tie, the following criteria will be used:
Play off games that are tied at the end of regulation will go to a 3 v 3 sudden victory game, max 3 minutes in length. If teams are still tied after the 3 minutes, a coin toss will determine the winner.
Scoring System to Determine Winner:
Win = 3 Points
Tie = 1 Points
Loss = 0 Points
All coaches have complete responsibility for the conduct of their players, substitutes and spectators at all times. Coaching from the sidelines (giving direction to one’s own team on points of strategy and position) is encouraged, providing:
Club team directors or head coaches may report disputes to the event directors. All disputes will be settled by the Event Director(s) or his/her designee. Game appeals may only be submitted on the misapplication of rules. Judgment calls, including goal timing, is not a misapplication of the rules and therefore may not be challenged. The Event Director’s ruling will be final.
Mother nature is out of control of tournament directors, officials, and on-site managers. Safety is our priority! Teams should report to their cars, or under cover if thunder and/or lightning causes a stoppage in play. All fields will be cleared. Game lengths may be modified if make-up games are deemed necessary
- We will play rain or shine unless you are notified otherwise.
- In case of thunder/lightning, all games will be suspended for 30 minutes from the last occurrence. Fields will be cleared by sounding an air horn (three long blasts).
- Once safe to return to play, games will resume at their regularly scheduled time (For tournaments that have play-offs, game scores will be officially recorded if 1 half of play is completed. If games are not played they will be recorded as ties)
- Schedule may be modified if necessary due to inclement weather, darkness, or poor field conditions. Teams are responsible for reporting for all make-up games as deemed by the event director. Failure to make-up previously scheduled games is grounds for forfeiture.
- Cancellation of the games is at the discretion of site managers, tournament directors and officials. Keeping everyone safe is our first concern.
Tournament deposits for teams are non-refundable. If the tournament is canceled or postponed due to public health reasons, the tournament fee minus the deposit will be offered as credit towards a future event. No refunds will be made in the event of cancelation or shortening of any matches due to inclement weather or unforeseeable circumstances out of the control of the organization that does not relate to the current public health crisis. We will make every effort to use contingency plans to maximize gameplay for all teams.